WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU HIRE A LAWN CARE PROFESSIONAL AS THESE ARE ONLY SUGGESTIONS AND WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OUTCOME OF YOUR SOD.
Prior to Delivery Day:
- Be sure the area has been prepared by removing all of the old sod and be sure to expose the soil.
- Is the irrigation working properly? Be sure to inspect all your zones prior to installation. Watering all areas will be crucial and start immediately after installation.
- Plan on applying insecticides/fungicide combination within 48 hours and once again in a week. These applications are crucial June thru October.
- Week 1
- Irrigate daily at least 1-2 times for 20-40 minutes each time. Shaded areas once may be enough, as these only suggestions and every lawn condition is different.
- Carefully monitor the lawn for insects and disease damage (brown patches or chewing on leaves)
- At the end of the week apply insecticide/fungicide combination. Retail stores carry the products but you might want to consider using a lawn care professional until you lawn is fully establish.
- Week 2
- You can begin to reduce the irrigation cycles by half and by the end of the week you can go back to regular watering schedule
- You can mow your lawn at this point (it should be well rooted by now)
- Week 3
- Your lawn should not require any fertilizer for at least 2 months after installation. We recommend slow release fertilizers, and this can be best determined by your lawn care professional.
- Mowing and irrigation should be on regular schedule at this point.